A Call for Submission: Vox Clamantis in Covid
Calling all Dartmouth students: presenting… a play written by YOU!
Seeking submissions for an audio collection of stories, monologues, and other original pieces documenting personal experiences with and reactions to the Covid-19 pandemic, to be produced by Naomi Lam ‘21 as a Department of Theater student project. Submitted stories will be compiled into a podcast play. Possible monologue topics might include:
- The pandemic experience from the point of view of an inanimate object, a family pet, etc
- Rants about aspects of quarantine life (home haircuts, awkward zoom meetings, etc.)
- A monologue about living with your family again (or wherever you are)
- A day in the life under quarantine
- How your Dartmouth career/perspective has changed with pandemic
… or anything else (a poem, spoken word, a comedy routine, etc) Be creative! Interested students may submit their work via an online google form, available HERE. Submissions are due Sunday, May 17th at midnight.
- Audio recordings can be made via your phone’s voice recorder, computer audio, etc.
- Recording should be between 30 seconds and 3 minutes long
- Files should be labeled with a title and your name/initials
- If you prefer not to use your own voice for your piece for whatever reason, please submit a word doc of your submission and a student actor will read your story
Questions should be directed to Naomi Lam '21.