USES AND PARAMETERS
Students who are receiving financial aid (as documented by the College's Financial Aid office) may apply to receive additional funding for theatrical creative and/or research initiatives, above and beyond the parameters delineated for the department's Kingsdale Fund. Need-based funding support is most commonly requested to offset costs associated with the Department of Theater's Foreign Study Program in London, but eligible students may request support for other initatives as well.
For London Theater FSP-related need-based funding requests:
- Need-based funding requests must be submitted in advance, along with financial aid disclosure form
- Need-based funding limits are determined based on need (as defined by the Financial Aid office)
- Need-based funding may be used to offset any and all expenses related to the London Theater FSP, including meals, transportation, airfare, etc.
- Students receiving need-based funding for the FSP will receive their funds in the form of a check in advance of their departure.
- Students receiving need-based FSP support are still eligible to receive KIngsdale funding during the FSP, but must adhere to regular Kingsdale processes and policies to access those funds.
For all other need-based funding requests:
- Funding proposals must be submitted in advance, along with financial aid disclosure form
- There is no set limit for need-based funding requests outside of the FSP; determinations are made by the department on a case-by-case basis, based on available funding