The 2021 Award in Playwriting
Submitting your work
Submissions are now being accepted for the 2021 Neukom Institute Literary Arts Award for Playwriting. Submissions of full-length plays and other full-length works for the theater will be accepted; all submissions must address the question "What does it mean to be a human in a computerized, digitized world?" Playwrights with either traditional or experimental theater pieces, including multimedia productions, are encouraged to submit works to the award program.
As in the past, the award comes with a $5,000 honorarium as well as a support for a two-stage development process with table readings at local arts festivals/organizations. Note that works that have received a full production are NOT eligible for the competition.
The deadline for all submissions is January 15, 2021. The awards will be announced in the spring of 2021.
Submissions must include:
- An anonymized (blinded) copy of the piece
- Playwright resume/bio
- Production history of the piece
- One-page statement of purpose that answers the following questions:
- How does your piece address the theme of exploring humanity in our computerized, digital world?"
- What are your goals for the piece in its current form?
- How would you use the two-part development process to achieve these goals?
The winning piece will receive two readings, at Dartmouth's VoxFest in July 2021 and at Northern Stage in White River Junction VT, during their 2021/2022 season.
Submissions may be made via THIS GOOGLE FORM.
Questions? Email Emma Orme at firstname.lastname@example.org